A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Monday, June 12, 2006

Taking Up Heather's Challenge

A while back, Heather at Fumbling For Words challenged her readers to take her meme. "I Live .."

I promised her I'd do it, so without further ado ... I do.




I live - in a semi-detached home in the south-west corner of Toronto, the capital city of Ontario.
I live - alone and have come to like it that way.
I live - a few hundred metres from the north shore of Lake Ontario, one of the largest bodies of fresh water in the world.
I live - close to work. It's a fifteen minute walk, a six minute bike ride, or one song on the CD player in the car.
I live - 10 km from Union Station, Toronto's downtown railway station.
I live - close to public transit, close to paved bicycle paths, but I usually drive.
I live - in a house built in the 1920's. It has gorgeous hardwood floors, Oak trim and high ceilings. I loved it at first sight.
I live - next door to a family of seven children and two adults. The children are polite and well-mannered. The parents are friendly and hospitable.
I live - in a building I share with an elderly man and his son. Danny and Dave live in the other half of my duplex home. They're very quiet and great neighbours.
I live - within a twenty minute bike ride of the house where I grew up. My sister, Jill bought the house from my parents, so I can go there anytime I want.
I live - within a seven minute walk of my church: Wesley Mimico United.
I live - within easy walking distance of a wonderful cafe, a decrepit grocery store, my bank, a hardware store, and a lovely restaurant.
I live - thirty-five minutes from my kids.
I live - in the province where I was born.
I live - in a city that is known for its cleanliness and proliferation of green spaces.
I live - among new Canadians: Russians and Poles.
I live - in a house on a deep, narrow lot. My back yard is like a bowling alley.
I live - in the house with the crumbling front porch covered with cheap, green indoor/outdoor carpeting.
I live - close to two of my four sisters, but I see a further one more often.
I live - forty-five minutes from my brother.
I live - two hours away from my mum and dad.
I live - fifty km from my first ex-wife and my kids.
I live - 6000 km from my second ex-wife.
I live - in a two story house with half a garage. The garage was severed some years ago in a property dispute.
I live - too close to an apartment building full of welfare cases who sit on the front lawn and drink and holler all summer.
I live - sometimes with worry and fear for myself and for my kids. All of it is self-manufactured and much (all?) of it is unnecessary.
I live - with loneliness, but rarely.
I live - in a home with a television that is rarely switched on.
I live - in a world that’s getting smaller, but much harder to understand.
I live - in a house I'm proud of and where friends are always welcome.
I live - in a body that's healthy and with a mind and spirit that's usually open to new growth.
I live - secure in the knowledge that God loves me. Dan and Meagan love me too. Lots of people love me. I am lovable. And I love me too.

Where do YOU live?

***

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather Plett said...

Hey - thanks for playing! I enjoyed your list!

12 June 2006 at 09:49  
Blogger Michelle said...

Awww, that was lovely to read!

13 June 2006 at 02:31  
Blogger PBS said...

That was really nice! What a great place to live!

13 June 2006 at 11:36  

Post a Comment

<< Home