A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Monday, April 10, 2006

Jesus Has Left the Building

I'm on vacation this week, Ms J. I'm planning to visit Mum and Dad. Helen too, of course, as she lives only an hour from Mt. Forest. I feel excited about going. My bag is packed and waiting by the door. But before I run off, I just thought I'd let you know what a brilliant time I had at church on Palm Sunday.


The true vine.

I won't waste time in the details of it, Ms Journal. Suffice to say that we put on a little drama and we were fabulous! We had Jesus (me), His twelve disciples, a life-sized donkey (on wheels) and even palm fronds to wave as we made our triumphant entry. I can't say whether the others felt as I did, but I was quite emotional at times. Yeah, I know. Quelle surprise, eh?

We portrayed the last supper and Jesus even helped serve communion. Judas slunk away after dinner to do his dirty work and Jesus observed him sadly as he went.


Funny. I only count 10 disciples here. I wonder what became of Thaddaeus and Judas?

After the service, I had the most wonderful feeling. I was joyous. Content. Calm. Peaceful. I felt as though I really belonged in that church, in this neighbourhood, on this planet. Someone commented that I was the happiest Jesus he'd ever seen.

So that was my Sunday. I'm happy. My Life is good. I'm on holiday!

Now I'm off to see Mum and Dad. I'll help them prepare the vegetable garden for planting. I'll do whatever I can to make myself useful. I'll avail myself of their wisdom and bask in their Love. I'll visit Helen, too. She's been feeling quite worried lately, for she has a sore leg and fears it might be a blood clot. She has an appointment to see a doctor tomorrow, I think.

The sun is shining here in Mimico today. It's a good day for a drive in the country.

See you in a few days, Ms J!

***

6 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

Good for you Dale. I hope you have a fabulous time with your folks. Donna x

10 April 2006 at 11:36  
Blogger Loner said...

I hope you are havign that bit of peace you so richly deserve!

10 April 2006 at 13:17  
Blogger Heather Plett said...

Sounds like a great service!

Travelling mercies!

10 April 2006 at 17:26  
Blogger Zette said...

Happy Holiday, Dale!!! I'm sure your sister and parents will throughly enjoy your time spent with them.

11 April 2006 at 03:17  
Blogger Michelle said...

Hey sausage, drive carefully. Have a peaceful and joyous easter with your family :o)

11 April 2006 at 08:16  
Blogger PBS said...

So you were Jesus in the drama? That's pretty cool. Hope you have a great holiday with your family!

14 April 2006 at 09:06  

Post a Comment

<< Home