A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Sunday, April 09, 2006

The Ego Has Landed

I attended the gala last night, Ms J. But I left there empty-handed. I didn't really expect to win anything, but I'll admit to being hopeful. This is the fourth year I've attended. I was nominated for a "best ensemble" award the first year, and took home "best actor" awards the next two years. You can understand my optimism. But this year, I didn't even receive a nomination. And I felt disappointed. That's the Truth.

In the car, on the way home afterwards, I told myself it wasn't I who was disappointed. It was my ego that felt a little bruised. I acknowledged that part of me and allowed myself to experience the fullness of those feelings. Then I opened the car window and let them blow away into the chilly night. After all, Ms J, I am more than my ego.

Congratulations to all the winners. Congratulations especially to Andy Rowe, with whom I had the pleasure to work in "Yesteryear" in January. And you, John Carter. Did you know you were nominated for "best supporting actor" in CTHP's production of "Lend Me A Tenor"? You are a gifted performer, John. I wished so much you would win.

There's always next year, though, isn't there?


***

2 Comments:

Blogger PBS said...

Awww, too bad. Well hope it was fun anyway. Your attitude is so good about it!

9 April 2006 at 10:51  
Blogger Jennytc said...

Shame no award this year, but I'm sure you had a great evening and there is, of course, always next year. (You have to let some of the others get a look it! ;))

9 April 2006 at 12:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home