"... but I'm just so bloody busy all the time."
Here's what's happening in my world over the next thirty-six hours:
Lunch was good with Roland. He paid. "Congratulations, Gramps!" he said, and slapped my shoulder.
I'll be heading back to work in a few minutes to complete the afternoon portion of my split shift. After work, I'll go straight to Kirk's place. He and Rey have invited me for dinner. I'll bring the wine.
Tomorrow morning at 10:00 there's to be a rehearsal at church for our Palm Sunday drama. That will be followed by a potluck lunch at noon for those who took part in one of the book study groups. We read and discussed Marcus J. Borg's "The Heart of Christianity".
On Saturday evening, I'll put on a suit and tie and attend the annual ACT-CO Gala. ACT-CO is The Association of Community Theatres - Central Ontario. It's the umbrella group for about twenty or more theatre companies within about fifty miles of Toronto. ACT-CO hires professional theatre adjudicators to attend the various shows and select the best for awards. Best Performance Male and Female. Best Lighting. Best Costumes. Best .. well, you get the idea, Ms J. The gala is held at a posh banquet hall. A fancy dinner is served, followed by the awards ceremony. The rest of the evening is spent drinking and dancing. It's always a fabulous party, and a great opportunity to see old friends.
I'll be out late that night, of course, but I still have to get up on Sunday to star in our Palm Sunday drama. I've the part of Jesus.
When the service is over, I plan to come home, turn off the phone, lock the doors, and spend a long hour in a hot bath. Alone, Ms Journal. All by myself. There will be no sound other than my deep, slow breathing and the crackling of soap bubbles.
Peace will at last be mine. I so need it. I so deserve it.
Gotta run now. Bye!
***

2 Comments:
You sound like you're run ragged Dale ... Hope you get some time for yourself soon - more than an hour!! Donna x
Ah, you're such a young buck.
Post a Comment
<< Home