Saturday's Musings
It was late when I went to bed last night, Ms J. Very late. Or very early today, depending on your perspective. Dana and I went to see that play. It was pretty good, and the discussion that followed the performance was enlightening. It was great to see some old friends as well.
An actress with whom I worked in that professional gig last September had a starring role in this play. She was quite convincing in her role as coffee shop waitress. Simon was there too. Simon was the man who directed us in September. Very likeable character, Simon is. Heather was there too. Heather is General Manager of "Mixed Company", the company who produced this show and the one last fall. I've taken a few acting classes with Heather. And I'm working with her (and a few others) to produce a new play which will open in June. We've been meeting once a week to improvise ideas. It doesn't look too good yet, but I'm hopeful we'll put something clever together.
And what did we do after the play? I'm sure you're dying to know, Ms J.
Well, if you must know, we went to a coffee shop on Queen St. - "Second Cup" - and sat and talked. Dana bought me a hot apple cider and a cookie. She had a coffee: black. And a biscotti. Then we came back to my place.
Yes. We came back to my place. Here. My house. Yeah.
I checked my email this morning and found a note from Dana. She reads this blog fairly regularly. Probably MORE regularly lately. She offered her thoughts on what I might write about here today.
"... it wouldn't be fair to leave your public in suspense. You have to tell them something about how the evening unfolded and whether or not your dreams came true. But ..."
And so I shall, Dana. So I shall.
My dream is to be happy. My dream is to be with someone who is also happy. Nothing more. And nothing less. One moment, one day at a time. So the answer is yes, Ms Journal. Yes, gentle readers, and yes, Dana, dear Dana, my dreams came true.
***

3 Comments:
Ahah! You did have breakfast!!!
I guess it was a good night all over Ontario.
Awww, sounds like a really great evening! Glad to hear your dreams came true!
Post a Comment
<< Home