A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Saturday Morning Quietude

Is that actually a word? Quietude? Hang on a sec ...

Yup. I just looked it up. quietude n : a state of peace and quiet

Well I'll be jiggered. It's a word alright. And a perfect one at that.

It's quiet here this morning, Ms J. Quiet inside. Quiet outside. I feel peaceful and relaxed. I've finished some housework, and now I'm enjoying a cup of coffee. It's bitterly cold this morning here in Mimico. Minus 14C. And windy. It snowed a bit last night and the wind is busy re-arranging it to make things perfect - a kind of feng shui for Mother Nature, I suppose. My new furnace is keeping things snuggly warm indoors, though, and I'm grateful for that.

Dana and I plan to see a movie this afternoon. "The Chronicles of Narnia." I read the book when I was a boy. "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" I really don't remember much about it, but I probably enjoyed it. I'm told the movie is quite true to the book and that's good. C.S. Lewis was a deeply religious man and many of his later books reflected his Christian beliefs, as well as his many doubts. I'm sure I'll find the film allegorical in some way.

I wish you peace this Saturday morning, Ms J. Stay well. And stay warm.

***

5 Comments:

Blogger Darlene said...

Peace to you, too. Only problem is, we in Minnesota just got a blast of frigid air that came down on us from Canada... High today of only 2-below, and it was worse yesterday! So I at least hope that the cold that came down to us means that you've been left with a little warmth!

18 February 2006 at 16:00  
Blogger Michelle said...

Have fun at the movies you 2 ;)

18 February 2006 at 16:14  
Blogger Jennytc said...

Love the new look, Dale. Sorry, I've been busy lately and neglecting my regular blog visits. So pleased to hear things are going well for you....!

18 February 2006 at 17:14  
Blogger PBS said...

Sounds like things are going well for you. I haven't seen that movie, yet. It was cold here for several days, but better today. Have fun at the movies!

19 February 2006 at 11:29  
Blogger Linda said...

I thoroughly enjoyed the Chronicles-both in print and on the movie screen. I'm sure you will too.

19 February 2006 at 16:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home