A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

A Productive Morning

I had a good morning, Ms J. I went to work and quite enjoyed it. At home afterward, I called the gas company and arranged for the best rate. I agreed to a flat price of 42.9 cents per cubic metre guaranteed for a period of five years. It seems the prudent thing to do given the astronomical increase in the price of fuel lately. The young lady with whom I spoke was friendly and knowledgeable. And she laughed at my silly jokes.

"Thank you for being so nice," she said as we concluded our conversation. "You made me laugh. You made my morning."

It feels good to know you've brought a smile to someone's face, doesn't it, Ms J?

I've done some housework - Dishes washed. Laundry done.

And Dana and I are going to see a play on Friday. Life is good, Ms J. Isn't it?

I haven't heard from Scout yet. But still, Life is good.

Oh my word! There's the sun peering through the slats on the Venetian blind! All is well today.

***

2 Comments:

Blogger gemmak said...

Nice to have a day like that isn't it :o)

7 February 2006 at 18:25  
Blogger Zette said...

Always good to have a peaceful day such as this. I'm glad for you.

8 February 2006 at 01:43  

Post a Comment

<< Home