A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Yaaaaaawwwwwwnnn ....

I'm tired tonight, Ms J. I can't think of much to write about.

This has been rattling around inside my skull all day. I can't recall where I first saw it, but it's clever so I'll share it:

The Essay
==========

A university creative writing class was asked to write a concise
essay containing the following elements:

1. Religion
2. Royalty
3. Sex
4. Mystery

The prize-winning essay read simply:

"My God," said the Queen, "I'm pregnant. I wonder who did it!"

Cute, eh?




You know, every time I type in the code for that separator line, I think of Anvilcloud over at Raindrops. He taught me how to do it. It's a simple thing, but so useful. Thanks, AC!

***

2 Comments:

Blogger PBS said...

"My prince has come!" said the veiled woman in the back of the church.

The joke is much much better. I just couldn't resist trying to write one too!

6 October 2005 at 23:14  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

You're welcome. There are ways to dress it up, but ... well, you're welcome. :)

6 October 2005 at 23:37  

Post a Comment

<< Home