A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Monday, September 26, 2005

Another Play?

Maybe. But I won't get paid for this one. It's community theatre.

Last night, my friend Christine joined me for dinner. She brought a lovely salad and some frozen hamburg patties. She even brought the buns. We cooked the meat on the barbecue and enjoyed our hamburgers with a swallow of red wine. After dinner, we drove to Oakville to audition for a play.

It's called "Yesteryear". I don't know much about it, Ms J, except that it was written by a Canadian woman. The story is set in the fictional city of Raglan, Saskatchewan in the summer of 1948. The cast includes seven men and three women. It's a romantic comedy. I really hope Christine and I both get parts. I have worked with her on stage before, but not since we did "The Kindergarten play" in 2002. That was an awesome show, Ms Journal. I consider it the best play I've ever been a part of. Christine's a good actress. I do hope she impressed the director.

We'll have to be patient for a week or so. They'll call us and let us know whether we're in or out. Fingers crossed.

***

4 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

What a play boy you are.

26 September 2005 at 14:46  
Blogger Zette said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for you.
~Z~

26 September 2005 at 15:14  
Blogger Michelle said...

I wish i had good buns.
Keeping fingers,toes and everything else crossed for you Dale!

26 September 2005 at 17:28  
Blogger PBS said...

Ooh, hope you get the part!

26 September 2005 at 20:46  

Post a Comment

<< Home