A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Not particularly inspired

I went to the church around noon today, and spent most of the afternoon there. I painted a book shelf for the Sunday school. Later, I worked with Larry and his daughter, Colleen and together, we replaced a number of burned out lightbulbs in the choir loft. Larry is a fireman. I guess he's used to climbing ladders. The lights were more than twenty feet above the floor and Larry scampered up the ladder like a rat up a rafter. I was quite content to stay on the floor with Colleen and hand her dad the replacement bulbs as he came down.

I left there at 4:30 and headed out into the afternoon rush hour. The traffic was horrendous, as usual, but I enjoyed the drive nonetheless. I listened to music and sang my way to my sister's home in Mississauga. I bought some chicken on the way. June cooked it on the barbecue while I mowed the lawn and watched the kids playing in the cherry tree.

"UNCLE DALE!!! WATCH ME JUMP LIKE A MONKEY!!"

"UNCLE DALE!! WATCH ME HANG UPSIDE DOWN!!"

The lower limbs of that poor old tree are smooth and shiny from little hands and feet. Kids sure can find a lot of pleasure in a tree, can't they? They pick and eat fresh fruit and test bravery and faith as they discover new talents for climbing and balance. Do kids grow on trees? You bet!

Rob fixed my turn signal and replaced a noisy muffler. It was expensive, Ms Journal. But I'd rather give the money to family than to a car dealership or garage.




Girl Alex and I saw a movie on Monday night. We had Thai food first and then rode the subway to a downtown cinema. The film was called "Crash." Sandra Bullock and Matt Dillon were both in it. It was an absolutely amazing show. If you get the chance, don't miss it! It was a look at racism and hatred from a number of different perpectives. Thought provoking. And terribly heart breaking.

It's been a long day and I'm just about knackered. G' night, Ms J.

***

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather Plett said...

Yeah, Crash is one of my favourite's for this year too.

24 August 2005 at 13:22  
Blogger Michelle said...

I think i need to take tissues for that movie!

24 August 2005 at 18:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home