A Boring, Busy Day
I went to see my niece again today. It was my fourth visit to her Dental College. I thought it was to be my last. But apparently, my teeth are extraordinarily dirty, and I'll require one more treatment. The process is excruciatingly slow, Ms J. The instructors come round to inspect every tiny facet of Sherri's work. It's very exacting at this stage. But we all have to learn, don't we? And for Sherri, I would go to the end of the earth.
After my dental appointment, I rushed off to an appointment with my doctor. I need a complete physical exam to return to work. Eye test. Hearing test. The works. I asked the receptionist - her name is Donna - if she'd received my medical records from the hospital.
"Yup," she said. "I sure did, Dale. I faxed them to the insurance company for you. The one in Montreal."
I thanked her and raced home to phone Marie-Christine to make sure she got the information she needed.
"Yes," she said with her cute little French accent. "I 'ave all doz ting now. I'll be putting you back on da benefit hagain tommorow, for shore."
All's well that ends well, Ms J. I'm going now to get Meagan. She and I plan to attend a "Green Day" concert tomorrow night. Fifty miles away. Outdoors. In the rain. And there's no seating. It'll be just me and my girl. And 50,000 screaming teenagers.
Pray for my weak back, Ms J. And for my bad leg. God help us.
***

6 Comments:
That's a great thing to do for/with your kid, something that she'll probably always remember ... and may someday really appreciate.
OMG, spam ba******! Now, no jumping in the "mosh pit" Dale! Have an awesome time!
Have a great time at the concert with Meagan! Bet you'll both have plenty to talk about after that!
*Trying not to be "An American Idiot" in Texas*
~Zette~
Sore leg, bad back, possibly wet head if you dance in the rain, and assaulted ears if the music is as loud as I think it will be, but oh such a warm heart you will have to do this with your daughter. You are making priceless memories worth more than every ache, pain, and cold raindrop that might come your way.
That's really nice of you to go through all the dentistry stuff for her. A Green Day concert? How lucky you are, have fun!
"50,000 screaming teenagers"
You are, indeed, a sacrificial dad. Cudos to you. Hope your hearing survives.
Post a Comment
<< Home