A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Sunday, May 01, 2005

Update

I had a nice time at June’s yesterday. Rob collected me around 11:00 and he spent all afternoon and evening working on my car. I stayed in the house and visited with June and the kids. Rob had company in the garage all afternoon. June says there’s always someone out there visiting while Rob is trying to work. She’s not impressed with these clowns who stand around and talk to Rob while he works. One fellow’s name is Tom. The other is Bernie. As I sat and chatted with June yesterday, the door opened and in came Bernie. He said hello, acknowledged me then went straight to the kitchen.

“Any ice cubes, June?” he asked as he rummaged about in the freezer. I got the impression that Bernie thought he was in his own home. Dirty boots and all. June showed remarkable restraint.

“I just used the last of the ice, Bernie. I just filled the ice cube tray about ten minutes ago. Sorry.”

I might well have told him to get the hell out of my house. June is a patient girl, though. And more forgiving than me, I think.

We ate dinner without Rob. He worked until nearly 9:00 on my car. He replaced the water pump, wiper blades, brake rotors, brake pads. He replaced a punctured vacuum hose and restored the function of the heater/defroster/dashboard vents. The bill was $624.24.

I know, Ms J. It seems like a lot of money. But considering what he did, and how long it took to do it, I think the price was quite reasonable although I can ill-afford it. I wonder how much time Rob might have saved if he hadn’t been entertaining company in his garage?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Joan Hewitt drove me to church this morning. I spent most of the service taking photos for the directory. I took pictures of the Sunday school class with the teachers, Colleen and Sherry. And I took a picture of Kendall Franklin with her only nursery charge, a crying, snotty-faced David.

Bob King was planning to visit me this afternoon. He spent last week in Costa Rica filming an Alka Seltzer commercial. He was anxious to show me the photos he’d taken. At 1:15, he phoned.

“Looks like I won’t be over this aft’, Dale.”

“How come, Bobby?” I asked. “What’s going on?”

I was shocked by his answer.

“Somebody stole my car. Right out of the driveway. I parked it there last night. Now it’s gone. The police are on their way over, to take a statement. Bastards, eh?”

I’m sorry to hear of Bob’s troubles. I hope things work out in his favour.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, Ms J. It’s nearly 4:00. I suppose they’re nearly finished their rehearsal at the theatre up in Caledon. By now, Val has told the others of my decision to quit the play. I hope they understand. I phoned my replacement yesterday before I called Val. I wanted him to be the first to know. He was still in bed though, so I gave his wife the message and asked that he call me when he woke up. He never called. I hope he’s not upset with me.

I know I’ve done the right thing, Ms Journal. I know it’s best for me, for CTHP and for my family. Why then, do I still feel like crap?

5 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I think your printing black text on a black background.

1 May 2005 at 20:10  
Blogger Dale said...

Please stand by. This blog is currently experiencing technical difficulties while my underpaid overseas IT department downloads outsourced upgrades in house. The trouble appears to be prepositional.

1 May 2005 at 21:21  
Blogger Jennytc said...

Looks like Gemmak has sorted your blog problem out now! Glad y9ou have got your car sorted out - it seems to have had a really good overhaul. Sorry to hear about your friend's car though.

2 May 2005 at 03:20  
Blogger Larry said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like...forget that....LOVE the new look!!!!!.....

Hey Gemmak!!! I'm next..lolololol

Keep smiling my friend!!!!!!!!!!

2 May 2005 at 08:34  
Blogger Gel said...

Oh, please forgive me for reading posts and commenting out of order! I often do that while multi-tasking at the computer.
Artist-to-artist: person-to-person I soooooo understand "why you still feel like crap" beyond the letdown feeling.... I hope I can squeee in time to email you. Take care

3 May 2005 at 15:42  

Post a Comment

<< Home