A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Re-united? Hopefully, next weekend!

A recent exchange of e-mail:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So Meagan ...

When are you coming to visit dear ol' Dad? Hmmmm? I miss you.

Dad

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Dad! I don't know when I might come and visit you. Maybe on the weekend if I can find a ride. Scott is going to his mother's friend's wedding in Florida for 3 days but I'm not sure what days. I shall ask him when he's going to see if there is a possible possibility of him driving me. Poor little unvehicular moi... lol. So, anyhoo, I don't gots anythin' else to blab about (nothing I could ever say in an e-mail), but if I get a ride to your crib we can chat there. Just incase you don't know what 'crib' means, it's another word for house or home or place or any of that shizzit. And if you don't know what 'shizzit' means.... that means that we definately need to catch you up on the lingo. Lmao. Lots 'o' stuff to talk about so I guess I'll see you later. Gotta bounce. Catch ya later, Daley-o! (Sorry, I have a
new obsession with people's first names) Well, buh-bye, and remember...
"Hair maketh the man/woman." But for you, "If you're not blessed with natural cool, work with what you've got. Embrace your geekiness - own it, make it yours."
(Sorry - Trés Cool quotes) Lmfao - I'm such a dork!

I Love Billie Joe Armstrong!!!


~Meggerz~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Silly, Ms J. My daughter has become completely silly. But she may visit me soon, so I don't care how silly she is. And "Billie Joe Armstrong"? I'm told he's a singer in a band called "Green Day."

6 Comments:

Blogger Larry said...

Hey Dale,

Thats GREAT!!!!! I am so wishing an email like that to come from my girls......So I know EXACTLY where you is at...lol...

Good luck with your visit....

10 May 2005 at 16:43  
Blogger Michelle said...

Green Day are cool, actually quite big down under...LOL oops..well they are,they've a cool cd out."American Idiot"!
Me thinks Meagan has a bit of gossip to fill you in on, just reading between the lines there. Cross fingers and hope she gets a ride :)

11 May 2005 at 03:06  
Blogger Donna said...

Excellent news!!! Hope she makes it :o)

11 May 2005 at 07:22  
Blogger Badpatty said...

Bit by ragged bit, you're reaping the just rewards of clean living and a righteous heart. Or maybe the karmic wheel is done rolling over you for a while and is pulling you back up. Take your pick.

11 May 2005 at 08:24  
Blogger Loner said...

Definitely a good sign that she is silly and not angry when she e-mails you- so fun to read thsee little notes from kids. Best of luck - Stace

11 May 2005 at 09:59  
Blogger Dora said...

I just keep thinking of that old saying,
"If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you then it is yours, if it doesn't then it never was."
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is the beginning of something grand for you both.
Keep us posted :)

11 May 2005 at 21:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home