A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Friday, May 06, 2005

Sabina

"So what are you doing this weekend, Dale?" she asked.

"I'm hoping to get up to see my mum this weekend, Beanzy," I said. "I think I'll be getting a ride from my sister."

"Oh, right. Mother's Day. I have to get my mum a card still. How old are you, Dale?"

"I'll be 47 on my birthday this summer."

"Cool!" she said. "My mum's 48."

I suddenly felt old, Ms J.

Positively prehistoric.

2 Comments:

Blogger gemmak said...

Been there, I hate it. It seems that each time I get a new member of staff at work their parents are younger than me! Gah! A fact that is regularly pointed out to me in amusement! Lol, their amusement, not mine, I might add!

9 May 2005 at 10:05  
Blogger Badpatty said...

Dale, you admitted that you like stories. How is it that you're passing up an opportunity for such a good one? Even if nothing comes of it, you might just have a nice time and want to take her out for coffee again.

9 May 2005 at 15:04  

Post a Comment

<< Home