A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Friday, April 29, 2005

Every Which Way

Val wants me at rehearsal on Sunday. But she wants to pick me up on Saturday night.

My sister, June wants me to visit for dinner on Saturday while her husband works on my car. I don't know why I need work done on my car. I can't drive the bloody thing anyway.

Kirk is waiting right now for me to call him. He's been pestering me for two weeks to spend an evening with him and his wife. I promised him I'd make time this afternoon and this evening.

My sister Jill calls me once in a while to offer apologies for NEVER coming to visit me. I haven't seen her since I broke my leg. Jill lives about five minutes away. She did offer to come one time, but she'd have to bring her kids. No thanks!!! Love you, Sis. But leave the kids with hubby.

Joan just left here. She and I are trying to organize photos for a church directory. There are two other women on the committee: One is always working and the other just left for England. Thanks, girls. It's VERY tedious, time-consuming and in the end, thankless work. We've met now at least four times here to pore over photos and decide which ones to include. Next Tuesday is the deadline.

The Caledon group want me at rehearsal in Caledon on Sunday. I want to go to church. If Val collects me on Saturday night, it'll save her some time. But I won't be able to go to church. And I don't know what time my brother-in-law will finish with my car.

Daniel was admitted yesterday to a drug rehab facility in Hamilton. "Men's Withdrawal."

Meagan wants to come and visit me. Scott (her OTHER father. Yeah. I'm fucking SICK of hearing about Scott and how involved he is in Meagan's Life!!!!) will have to deliver her to me and collect her when it's time to go home. I can't even have a weekend with my daughter though, because I'm doing this PLAY in CALEDON which is nearly an HOUR from where I LIVE and they rehearse three times a week. Everyone but me. I can only come on Sundays. So that means I'd only get half a weekend with Meagan. And I am completely unable to commit myself to this project, which is so unfair to the others but I can't help it. My FUCKING leg is broken and I CANNOT get around unless someone drives me. I am being pulled twenty directions at once and I am NOT enjoying this at all. I wish I could have ONE day when the phone didn't ring 25 times and I didn't have to go somewhere or see someone.

I wish I could just say bugger the whole world and go to my parents for a week, but I have physio every other bloody day. FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So there. Thanks for listening. Incidentally, my rants get raves. And yes, I do feel better. I'll call Kirk now.

4 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Explain again why you can't say bugger it for a week. Do what you most want to do. Figuring out what that is can be the real problem.

29 April 2005 at 22:46  
Blogger Michelle said...

Great advice Jennefer :0)

30 April 2005 at 18:56  
Blogger Badpatty said...

I'm glad that you finally gave in to temptation and screamed FUCK. It's a little thing, but sometimes, that's what a man needs.

2 May 2005 at 09:40  
Blogger Gel said...

I admire you for venting here, although I sure wish you weren't in so much angst/anger/frustration/ pain etc when you wrote this. I don't feel anonymous on my blog, so I don't feel I have the freedom to say WTF. I've even deleted very personal posts. HOpefully, I'll learn to be more brave. (I tried with my current post. It's not a rant, but it's more personal than my usual ones.)

So glad you got this out here.

3 May 2005 at 15:46  

Post a Comment

<< Home