Christmas Shopping
Morning, Ms J. It's Saturday. No work today. It was nice to sleep late. I didn't put my feet on the floor until nearly 8:00. Lovely!
I had planned to get some shopping done today, but I don't think I will. The weekend crowds are terrible. Instead, I thought I'd post a few gift ideas here. These gifts are suitable for both men and women. They're appropriate for any age group, from toddlers to dawdlers. And the best bit is, they don't cost a penny!
Eight Gifts That Don't Cost a Cent
The Gift of Listening: But you must really listen. Don't interrupt. Don't daydream. Don't plan your response. Just listen.
The Gift of Affection: Be generous with appropriate hugs, kisses, pats on the back and handholds. Let these small actions demonstrate the Love you have for family and friends.
The Gift of Laughter: Clip cartoons. Share articles and funny stories. Your gift will say, "I love to laugh with you."
The Gift of Solitude: There are times when we want nothing better than to be left alone. Be sensitive to those times and give the gift of solitude to others.
The Gift of a Favour: Every day, go out of your way to do something kind. Even the smallest act of kindness has great merit.
The Gift of a Written Note: It can be a simple "Thanks for the help" note or a full sonnet. E-mail is easier, of course, but a brief, handwritten note may be kept and remembered for a Lifetime.
The Gift of a Compliment: A simple and sincere, "You look great in red," "You did a super job," or "That was a wonderful meal" can make someone's day.
The Gift of a Cheerful Disposition: Smile. Let your Light shine. It lets others feel free to do the same. Ripples of Light. Send them forth.
There now. Wouldn't you choose one of those over a pair of socks or a disposable camera? I know I would.

2 Comments:
Those are great gifts....And thx for the phone call last night.
Larry
I sure would :o)
Post a Comment
<< Home