First Day On The Job
Dan started work today. He worked from 11:00 til 4:00. Five hours. He was home when I got home from work at 7:30 tonight.
"Well, Dan? How'd it go?"
"It was pretty good, Dad," he told me in his usual understated kind of way.
"What did you do? Did they have you serving customers? Did you learn how to use their computer?"
"Yeah. I learned a lot today. My head is full."
"Is your boss nice?"
"Yeah, he's pretty nice. He offered to share his lunch with me."
Honestly Ms J. It was like pulling teeth. Sometimes, I have to interrogate The Boy to get information from him. I asked. He answered. And after a dozen questions or so, I was satisfied that he'd had a good day and that he seemed to like his new job.
Dan's a workin' man. Life is good!

3 Comments:
Congratulations, Dan! What a nice way to start the week.
Sounds like Dan has a lot of "new" going on...new job, new home, new life and it may very well be a bit overwhelming ("My head is full."). I bet once he gets into a routine and feels more at ease, he'll open up WIDE and you'll be flooded with more information than you ever expected.
I'm really happy thngs are finally going so right for you both. Take care.
Dale,
I just wanted to tell Dan through you how great I think it is that he has the job and has now started. I know how important a job is for a teenager...My daughter who is 17, and still in school, had just sercured her new part-time job she does after school.
Dan, Good Luck Man!!! Be the BEST you can...Learn about the movies and show your bosses how much this job means to you, and thats it 'not just a job'......
Take care guys!!!!!!!!!!! Dale, we should do dinner!!
Lar
Well done Dan....go for it man!
Oh and 'dad' isn't conversation with ANY teenage boy like pulling teeth?? Twas always thus in my experience.
Post a Comment
<< Home