A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

With New Eyes

I had coffee with Carol this morning. We met at a little neighbourhood cafe called Rocket Fuel. It was quite nice, actually. The meeting and the coffee. Carol was curious about the spiritual retreat I attended last weekend. I told her all about it, and she said she'd like to go there herself perhaps one day. With me, of course.

You know, Ms Journal, the more I see of this woman, the better I like her. We had a lovely visit and the conversation never seemed strained at all. I felt quite at ease with her and she seemed to feel the same. We were together nearly three hours! She got a parking ticket. $20. A bit of a bummer, that. I managed somehow to avoid a ticket, although I don't know how, really. My car was right across the street from hers.

I'm looking forward to dinner and the theatre on Saturday! Life is good!

6 Comments:

Blogger Terri said...

It's great when you can be relaxed, just be yourself with a person, huh? So much to learn about someone when every story is a new adventure. So much to tell, so much to learn. Sounds like a very nice person, Dale. And my good friend, you deserve it! I must have missed if you previously said, but where or how did you two meet?

5 October 2004 at 21:38  
Blogger Dale said...

We met back in July at a writers' workshop at the library. Carol was acting as a scribe for an elderly man who'd suffered a stroke and was unable to write. But every story is important, isn't it?

6 October 2004 at 13:31  
Blogger Jennytc said...

'Quite nice actually' Dale, you are getting to sound like the quinessential English gentleman! (That is meant to be a compliment, by the way!)
Carol sounds like a lovely person. I do hope all continues to go well in whatever way you want.

7 October 2004 at 01:47  
Blogger Jennytc said...

Or even quintessential! :)

7 October 2004 at 01:47  
Blogger Larry said...

Hey Dale,

It sounds like you had a very nice time with Carol. You know I wish you nothing but the best. I so enjoy reading your posts.

I hope you have a great dinner on Saturday....Nice dinner....Wine....ROSES....Theatre....

Sounds like a perfect evening. Good luck my friend.

7 October 2004 at 11:58  
Blogger gemmak said...

Lookin' good Dale....hope Saturday goes well :o)

9 October 2004 at 13:01  

Post a Comment

<< Home