In Due Time
It's Friday again. T'was a short week, Ms J. Monday was a holiday. Remember?
AB popped over this morning to check on the cement. He declared it cured and tapped each one with a piece of brick.
"Yup. Hard as buck's nuts."
I nodded my head gravely. Buck's nuts?
"Do you think we might get started again on Monday, Bobby?"
"Yeah, I guess so. Wally's gone to the east coast fer a week or so, but we don't need him. I'll get Jeff and the boys. We'll come over after work on Monday. Joe too. And Bruno."
He slapped my back and laughed.
"Don't worry, Dale. We'll get the f%##er done. In a couple of weeks, you'll be sitting out here on yer deck readin' porn mags and jerkin' off as happy as a clam. A bearded clam."
And he laughed again. Too loud this time.
"I don't have any porn magazines, Bob. Dan had a few when he was here, but ---"
"I was jokin', you dumb f%##. The neighbours'd see you. But if we put up some privacy lattice, ..."
He went off then, to collect his young sons. He'd promised to take them out for lunch.
My deck will get built, Ms J. Maybe not according to my schedule, but it will get done. I'm a lucky man to have such friends, even if some of them are a bit rough round the edges.

A vertical support will go here. There are six of these now in the back yard. This pic was taken on Wed. while the cement was still wet. It's hard as buck's nuts now, though.
***

2 Comments:
LOL.....just cracks me up!
Well, I am not sure what it looked like before that cement was poured, but it appears you are making great progress.
Funny story; buck's nuts. I might have to blog about that.
Good luck on the deck!
Post a Comment
<< Home