Thursday
Evening, Ms J.
Not much to report today, I'm afraid. The weather's been dreadful. We've had an inch or more of wet snow. It's been mild and rainy all afternoon. Tonight, we're getting freezing rain. The rain freezes when it lands and makes the trees sparkle in the light, but it's a bugger to scrape off the car.
Dana was here for a cuppa last night. She arrived around 8:30. We talked and ... talked until way past my bedtime. I was sorry to see her leave, Ms Journal, but glad of it when the alarm sounded at 4:15 this morning. If she'd stayed, I wouldn't have slept much at all I don't reckon. Thank you, Dana, for your self-discipline. Women seem to have more self-control sometimes than we men. At least, that's been my experience.
I broke bread with friends today. I had breakfast after work this morning with Bill. He's been the conductor on my train this week. We dined at The Canadiana Restaurant here in Mimico and Bill paid. Thanks, Bill!
I had a little nap when I got home, and then joined Frankie at her house for lunch. You remember Frankie, Ms J. She went to the CNE with Girl Alex and Hanna and Meagan and me last summer. It had been a long time since I last saw my friend. I didn't realise how much I'd missed her til I saw her. She gave me a gift.
"What's this for, Frankie?" I asked. "Is it a Valentine's gift?"
"I guess it is now," she laughed. "But it's been sitting here since Christmas."
It was "A New Earth", a book by Eckhart Tolle He's the guy who wrote "The Power of Now". Actually, Frankie gave me two books. She had loaned me a book a few months ago and when I told her it had been accidently soiled when red wine was spilled on it, she was undisturbed.
"That's OK, Dale," she said. "You can keep it."
Thanks, Frankie!
We had a nice visit, she and I. Soon, it was time to return to work.
So that's about it, then. That was my day. I'm wicked tired, though. I think I'll go to bed.
G' night, Ms J.
***

1 Comments:
Sounds like you had a lovely day, and scored some pressies too!
Post a Comment
<< Home