Insert Witty Title Here
I haven't much to report today, Ms Journal. Things are rather mundane at the moment. I woke up this morning with a stuffy nose and sore throat, and you know how miserable we men are when we're not feeling well. I dragged my sorry self into work at 4:45 and slept all the way to Hamilton. After a bagel and a coffee, I felt a bit better and the return trip into the city was uneventful.

"Appleby, this stop. Appleby."
I took the afternoon off work to attend a Christmas party. The theatre company for which I did some paid acting last September, is hosting a party to celebrate their successes this year and to thank those who helped. I had really intended to go, but I may not. I may just stay home and rest. My health is more important than schmoozing with actors and directors.
Yes, Ms J. I do truly believe that.
Besides, I've committed to playing Santa Claus at the church tomorrow afternoon. There's a drop-in centre for retarded adults there and they're such a great audience! I did the Santa thing for them last year and it was a tremendous hit. Tomorrow morning, I've agreed to help pick up canned goods, etc. from a local school and transport it all back to the church. On Friday morning, we'll be putting together food baskets and delivering them to needy families here in Mimico. This year, we've bought age-appropriate toys and wrapped them. Poor kids deserve gifts too, don't they?
Christine is coming over for dinner tonight. She wants me to print some sticky labels for her jars of preserved fruit and jams she's giving as gifts to good friends and relatives. I'm a relatively good friend, Ms J. I hope I get a jar of Steenie's jam.
So I'm not feeling too ambitious right now, and I've got lots on my plate as usual. I reckon I'd better go lay down and see if I can have a wee kip before it's time to start dinner. We're having sweet 'n sour spareribs and mashed potatoes.
Uh-oh! I hope I have enough potatoes.
***

3 Comments:
Supper sounds good, and good luck on getting some of Steenie's jam.
Dale, I'm been absent for a few days and just caught up on reading Ms J. I'm glad to hear things are working out for your son. I hope you feel better soon. Happy Holidays!
HAPPY CHRISTMAs Dale :o) xxxxx
Post a Comment
<< Home