A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Everything at once

Short post. Short. Sweet. Well, not completely sweet.

I don't know how Dan made out in court this morning. I haven't been able to reach him yet. I've left voice mail, but Kelly's phone will not make long distance calls so Dan can't call me back. Maybe if she'd pay her bill on time ...

I have three adorable kittens living under my front porch. Tiny faces no bigger than golf balls peer out from behind the lattice. I don't know where the mother is, but they've been there two days now. I don't really know what to do with them, if anything. And I haven't time to find them a home. No. I don't want a cat, thank you.

A dear and a beloved friend was sexually attacked this morning as she changed a flat tire on her car. She spent the afternoon in hospital. She's on her way now to give a police statement. Please God, wrap your arms around her. Help her see that she's safe. I feel so fucking ashamed to be a man right now.

Rehearsals are crazy. The pace is not frantic, but I am. None of us has learned our lines yet. We perform on Thursday. Two shows. Total audience: 1600. Lord, if you can spare a minute for a very nervous actor ...

I know. Breathe.

***

7 Comments:

Blogger gemmak said...

Yuor poor poor frind how terrible for her, i am wishing her a speedy recovert, btoh physically and mentally but don't feel ashamed to be a man, most men are not evil like that one obviously was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kittens....did someone say kittens?? Damn...why can't they be nearer?! I need a kitten.

13 September 2005 at 19:38  
Blogger gemmak said...

Apologies for the awful typos...it's late!

13 September 2005 at 19:38  
Blogger PBS said...

Oh so sorry to hear about your friend. Hope she gets counseling and assistance to deal with it all. The lines will come to you with practice but it's got to be really nerve-racking.

13 September 2005 at 20:05  
Blogger Zette said...

Oh how horrible Dale. I hope your friend will be ok in time. And I hope whatever animal did this to her will be caught and punished.

Whatever you do....don't feed the kittens if you don't want them to stick around. Maybe call the humane society and see if they can help.

Hope you hear something about Dan soon. Wish I was closer to you...I'd come run lines with you to help you prepare! You'll do fine.

13 September 2005 at 20:45  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

You just never know about the kittens. Sometimes what we don't want and don't expect ... Well, you just never know.

13 September 2005 at 22:23  
Blogger Heather Plett said...

My heart goes out to your friend. If I can speak from the perspective of a woman who has suffered a similar fate, let me just say that what your friend needs right now is men just like you - men who will renew her faith in humanity, men who will treat her with respect and compassion. One of my male friends told me he spent the whole day crying after I was sexually assaulted, and that was one of the best things anyone ever said to me.

14 September 2005 at 16:18  
Blogger Michelle said...

Oh dear, how traumatising for your friend Dale. I hope she has access to decent counseling. Just be there for her Dale, and follow her lead, not all women want to be around men after having been abused even if the men are good friends.......it takes time to trust.

14 September 2005 at 18:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home