Enthusiasm, wherefor art thou?
I have so much to do today, Ms J. I'm planning to visit the CNE tomorrow with Meagan and Frankie and Girl Alex. I have to call G.A. and firm up our plans. I still have to drive to Acton and collect Meagan. I need to go to the bank. This house is a dusty mess. It needs some attention too. And on Saturday morning, Scout and I are driving up north to my brother's property where the whole Pringle clan is convening for a family camping weekend.
I wonder where the heck my tent is?
I have to get some clothes ready as well. And buy some groceries. New batteries for the camera. Wine. We only camp once a year on my brother's land. I don't even remember how to get there. I'll have to call him tonight and get directions.
I wrote a short story months ago and it's been published in a book called "Food For Thought." There's a free copy of the book waiting to be picked up at the office of Lakeshore Arts, just around the corner. I want to do that today, too.
There's so much to do this afternoon, but what have I been doing? Watching reruns of "All in the Family" and eating bowls of vanilla ice cream. I cannot seem to get moving.
Periodically, I lift my arse off the couch and wander around for a few minutes. I go and stand in the kitchen and look around, hoping perchance to discover some enlightenment there between the fridge and the stove. I peer again inside the fridge and feel disappointed when it contains the same items it held ten minutes ago. Back I go into the dining room where I sit and stare for half an hour at the garden. It's a weedy mess. And the lawn needs mowing.
Look at me now, Ms Journal, sitting upstairs here, poking away at the keyboard. I can hear the television downstairs. And the kids are screaming across the street. I've got to get something done. Anything, really.
It's a gorgeous day outside. Maybe I'll get on my bike and cycle over to Lakeshore Arts and fetch my book. Maybe the exercise and bright sunshine will dispel Tamas and invoke in me a more rajasic mood.
I'll let you know how things turn out. Yaaaaawwwwn.
***

5 Comments:
Hey Dale,
But I'm sitting at WORK thinking those things....
When do you head back????
Are you looking forward to it????
Cheers
oh great, now I feel like I should get my arse up and get to cleaning all the dust, too. *sigh* And my yard...well let's just say it's seriously needing some love and attention. Hope the bike ride does some good to clear the mind and get it focused on what needs doing. Have fun this weekend!
Wow, congratulations on the short story that got published! Have fun on the family camping weekend!
I'm glad that word seems to be making a comeback -- arse. Kind of distinguishes us from the brethren and sistren (yeah, I know) down south.
I love "arse", it's so aussie!
Have a great family weekend sausage :o)
Post a Comment
<< Home