Happy Birthday, Canada!!

"The true north strong and free."
You were born on this day in 1867 in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island. You're still young at only one hundred and thirty eight, but you've come a long way, baby. Across ten provinces and three territories 33 million people have made a peaceful home under your distinctive Maple leaf flag.
The tattoo on my arm says "Made in Canada." I'm VERY proud of that. Happy Birthday!
***

2 Comments:
Happy Birthday Canada!
I had no idea Australia was older than Canada, how about that, i learned something!
Yes, I'm proud too. I spent the afternoon painting maple leaves on my children's and niece and nephew's faces and arms to prepare them for the Canada Day parade. Now, the face painted has faded, the fireworks are over, the kids have gone to dreamland, and I'm tired, but it was a lovely, happy day. Canadian and lovin' it!
Post a Comment
<< Home