A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Every day ..

Every day can be exciting, Ms J. And fun. As fun and as interesting as I want it to be. I think that's an important lesson.

The lawn was looking very shaggy. The back lawn. It’s big. Much bigger than the front lawn. It needed to be cut. And I couldn’t wait any longer for Bob to offer his help. So I did it myself. It took me all day, but I got it done. I trimmed the forsythia bush as well. Watered my tomatoes. Staked up the raspberry bush. Hoed the garden. Pulled some weeds along the fence. The heat and humidity were overwhelming. Every hour or so, I’d come inside and have a cool drink and elevate and ice my foot.

I hated to return to the garden each time, Ms J. But I did. And I got ‘er done. The yard looks better. For now, anyway.


These happy faces watched me work, occassionally nodding their heads approvingly.

I'm off now to Kirk and Rey’s for dinner and a swim. I love my garden, Ms J. I love my friends. And I love my Life!

***

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

What a fullfilling day. I love gardening too it's just getting the time. Hope your foot survives all your hard work :o)

1 July 2005 at 02:37  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Ah, Shasta Daisies, the supreme flowers of early summer. That was quite an ordeal for your poor foot. Hope it feels all right today.

1 July 2005 at 09:34  
Blogger Dora said...

Those are, by far, my VERY favorite flowers - above the more expensive ones.
Dale - I just wanted to say how wonderful it is to share in your happiness and positive attitude. You are an inspiration in low times. thanks.

2 July 2005 at 03:49  

Post a Comment

<< Home