Looking Up
Things are looking up. Getting better. Improving. My back is slightly better. Carol told me about some non-prescription drugs (Robax Platinum) that have been helpful in reducing the severity and frequency of muscle spasms. The head cold has yet to fully materialize and remains nothing more than a slightly sore throat, with the occasional sneeze. My mood is somewhat elevated. Things are "looking up."
The rehearsal last night was ... well, it wasn't quite fun, but it wasn't the horrible misery I had expected. We rehearsed all of the second act, which is even more frenetic that the first. Larry helped out by standing in for the absent young Robin Cowan, who joined the cast three weeks into the production schedule and now must take time off. Too bad Larry couldn't play the part of Gavin. He's certainly more familiar with it than Robin is.
There was a point in the rehearsal last night where things suddenly began to gel a bit for me. The play began at last to make sense in a chronological way. A bit, anyway. And I felt a sort of relief at my slight glimmer of understanding. There's a light at the end of the long, dark tunnel. Dear God, I hope it's not another train.
Kelly called a while ago. She's my ex, remember? Ex #1. Dan and Meagan's mum. She's fed up with The Boy. She couldn't be more specific. She's just "fed up". He still has no job. He's still behaving like a truculent teenager, and now Kelly no longer receives child support payments for him. She signed a paper. I mailed it to the Family Responsibility Office.
"If you can't bear it another minute," I told her, "send him packing."
"Do you want him to live with you, Dale? Do you feel like trying again?"
"No. Not really, Kel'," I said. "But if you're considering bludgeoning him in his sleep, I'll take him to avoid ruining the bed linen."
"Thanks," she said. "I'll let you know."
That was a couple of hours ago. I haven't heard back from her. Keep your fingers crossed.

3 Comments:
I'm serious. Send him here. He's legally an adult. I'll put him to work.
All extremities crossed! Send him to Magz she'll sort him out I'm sure :o)
As I've said before Dale, he'll "get it." Probably right after you've thought, "that's it, I give up, he'll never get it," he'll get it. It takes some longer than others and he's going to be one of those. One of those taking longer kind of guys. But, I really believe in my heart, from what you've shared and from the kind of guy you are, he'll be okay. I truly believe it. I've been there. I tried and tried and hoped and prayed and tried some more. I yelled, I threatened, I swore, I begged, I kicked him out, brought him back, kicked him out again....BUT I'm telling you, if you hang on, he'll get it. Usually for boys like this it's between 22 and 23. Mark my words. I promise. Just be firm, but loving. Be loving, but firm. Take it from me, from "Terri and STeven's House of Wayward Boys (we've had five through here with the exact same "issues.") We've only lost one of the five. Not bad odds really and he didn't have the love your son has. He'll make it, I'm sure. He'll just drive you completely nuts and insane, before he does. Some boys are like that! Yeah, they are!
Post a Comment
<< Home