A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Friends: Helping With Life's Troubles

Remember that insurance company, Ms J? The one that sent an inspector round last fall to see if my house was worth insuring? They found some knob and tube wiring and ordered me to have it updated or they'd revoke my coverage. I was given ninety days to comply.

Larry was here today. Larry is a certified electrician. He's a friend who goes to my church. He's Colleen's daddy and he spent about three hours in my basement this afternoon, sorting out wires and upgrading the old knob and tube. I followed him around with a flashlight, peering up through my bifocals while he worked.

The job is nearly done. Larry will write a letter attesting to the work that's been done and I'll send it off to the insurance company.

Friends who help are worth more than gold, Ms J. I will offer Larry some money for his trouble. He may refuse it. I don't know. Either way, I will repay him by being kind to his daughter.

I'm in love with Colleen.

***

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS, DALE!!!

26 December 2007 at 00:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home