Ma Famille Amusante -- My Funny Family
Deep sigh ...
What shall I tell you about today, Ms J? It's cold outside here in Mimico this morning. Wicked cold. Minus 17C. Windy, too. Dad told me he put his teeth on the night table last night and they chattered!
I went to visit Mum and Dad on Sunday. I arrived about 11:00 and came home after supper. Boy, they sure have lots of snow up there. I reckon there must be three feet of it in their back yard. It's light, fluffy snow, Ms J, the kind skiers prefer. The wind whips it and sculpts it into shapes and designs to please your fancy. Very pretty, Mum says. And Dad told me they enjoy watching it and sipping coffee at the breakfast table. "It sure is nice not to have to go out in it," he says. I couldn't help but feel a little jealous of them. The two-hour drive home was a stressful one, as I had to battle drifting snow and the occasional white-out.
Saturday night found me at my brother's house in Georgetown. Pat and Linda invited sisters Jill and June and me to come for an informal dinner of hors d'oeuvres and finger foods. Afterwards, we played a board game called "Cranium". It was a fun game, but we added our own brand of silliness to make it hilarious. I can't offer you specific examples, but it seems whenever we Pringles gather, there's more laughter than most of us can handle. My brother and I suffer sore stomachs and tired faces from laughing. The girls inevitably pee their pants. Why do women do that, I wonder?
Here's June and Jill and niece, Sherri. What, do you suppose, are these ladies looking at?
They're staring at Pat and me. The twins can't believe their brothers are such "babe magnets". Sherri is astonished by her father's transformation.
>
>
>
>
We ate til we were uncomfortable. We laughed til we cried. And we stayed til the wee small hours of Sunday morning. We agreed to meet again next month for more fun and family frivolity.
Hey! I managed a happy post! Nothing here at all about work. And no cursing.
Wonders never cease ...
***

2 Comments:
Your question about women, Dale - it's due to the after effects of childbirth. I won't go into any more detail. ;)
LMAO.....too funny!
Post a Comment
<< Home