A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Tempus Fugit

Thursday. This week’s disappearing fast. Dad’s right, Ms J. He says Life is like a roll of toilet paper. The nearer the end, the faster it goes. Summer was just a blur and it’ll soon be fall. Coloured leaves will litter the ground and Hallowe’en will be fast upon us. Snow. Then Christmas and the end of another year.

When I was younger, I measured time in minutes and hours. As I grew older, I began to use weeks and months. Now, it seems, I mark the changing seasons to denote time’s steady passage. Spring and summer, fall and winter. Time must really fly for dear ol’ Dad. He must see it in terms of decades, perhaps.

I’m thinking now of Life, of the circle of Life, Ms Journal, and I’m smiling.

***

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Crikey, it will be Christmas before we know it :(

15 September 2006 at 07:18  

Post a Comment

<< Home