A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Thursday, September 07, 2006

"I'm VERY Happy, Dad"

I spoke with Meagan yesterday.

"So how's school, Scout? What's it like being in high school?"

"It's good. My classes are pretty easy, actually. It'll get way harder next semester, I know. But this semester will be a breeze, I think."

"What about the other kids? Are they nice?"

"Yeah, they're OK, really. The school is massive compared to my old school. I keep on getting lost. But the kids are nice. They're really helpful. I guess they remember what it's like to be a minor niner."

"And the bus ride? What's that like?"

"It's good, actually. It's fun. I already have two new friends -- Steve and Anton. We sit together on the bus and laugh our butts off."

"Is either of them a ... Do you ...?"

"No. It's not like that. We're just friends. We laugh our asses off. On the bus. It's hilarious."

"So school is good, eh? Are you comfortable going there? You were pretty worried last month, Scout. You're feeling OK with it now?"

"I'm fine now. I really like this. I'm VERY happy, Dad."

It was like music to my ears, Ms J. It was the best thing she could possibly have said. I think that girl's going to be alright, you know that? I think she'll be alright.

***

5 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Yaaaaaaaaaay, i'm so happy for Meagan :o)

7 September 2006 at 23:37  
Blogger Donna said...

VERY pleased to hear that too Dale. I have a mental image of her and her new friends laughing their asses off too!!

8 September 2006 at 05:00  
Blogger PBS said...

Oh that's wonderful that school is going well for Meagan. Bet you are relieved.

8 September 2006 at 07:13  
Blogger Loner said...

Such a far cry freom how she was feeling just months ago - sounds like things are finally coming together for her! Yahoo!

8 September 2006 at 10:03  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

She seems happy and content to be going to school. Can't say that I ever felt that way.

8 September 2006 at 19:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home