A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Dinner With Friends

I had dinner with Kirk and Rey tonight. It was very nice. I've missed seeing my friends lately. I often see Kirk at work, but I rarely have time to chat. His wife, Rey, has been out of town a lot lately, on business trips. I cherish their friendship, Ms J. They were very kind to me last summer when my leg was still tender.

Kirk's brother was there too, along with his girlfriend and her young daughter. After dinner, we played dominoes and chatted. I finished the game dead last while Keith won.

"Did you bring your script with you, Dale?" Rey asked. "Do you want to run some lines?"

I had hoped we might be able to do that, but when I learned they had company, I thought better of it.

"Well, I don't know, Rey. I don't imagine the others will want to hear us reading a play."

"I wouldn't mind reading with you, Dale," said Keith. "Is there a part I could read?"

And so we read it, Ms J. Tribute. All of Act 1. Keith and Rey and I. Kirk happily played a computer game and the little girl and her mother watched TV. It was really good practice for me. The script runs 90 pages and I'm familiar with the text up to page 42. There's SOOOO much to memorise, Ms J. My character, Scottie Templeton sure talks a lot.

Thank you for dinner, Rey! It was a nice visit, although I wished I had seen more of Kirk. They've invited me back to read again on Monday evening. I'll bring a tape recorder and a cassette.




Church tomorrow morning then off to Caledon for an afternoon rehearsal.

Good night, Ms J.

***

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Sounds as though you had a great time. Hope you're having a good weekend :o)

10 September 2006 at 03:12  
Blogger PBS said...

That was a good activity for all of you to share!

10 September 2006 at 20:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home