C'est la fin de l'été
It's over, Ms J. Summer's gone for another year. It seemed only a brief moment, a few long, warm days, and then it was gone. The sun sleeps a bit later now and retires a bit earlier in the evening. The air has a certain feel to it that hints of crisp, cool mornings and tomato plants blackened by frost. Soon the trees will offer one last hurrah in resplendant colour before shedding their withered leaves in preparation for the long bath of winter. The Exhibition officially closes tonight at 10:30 with fireworks, and mums and dads will carry sleepy children home to bed for schools open again tomorrow. Meagan begins a new chapter of her Life: High School.
Thank you, Lord, for the friends who built my deck. Thank you for red tomatoes and green peppers and yellow squash. Thank you for Baby David and for his father, my son, Daniel. Bless them all - Daniel and Maxine and Baby David - and keep them safe. And my little Scout, too, Lord. Help her remember to do right at school, to keep good company and to make herself proud.
Thanks for a fabulous summer, God. I know I did a lot of complaining, but really, it was pretty good. And I really am grateful you know. For everything.
Good night.
***

2 Comments:
It's cooler now here, too. Summer is gone, but it was a good one. I complain a lot also, but I do count my many blessings!
It's getting warmer here now Spring has sprung! My office is getting hotter and i have to resist using the air conditioning this early. The nights are perfect...18C...just right!
Post a Comment
<< Home