... because you never know who's reading
OK, then. That's it. No more rants against the fu---
No more rants against the ars---
Hold on a minute. I can do this. I can.
Deep breath now.
Smell the roses. Blow out the candle.
Shhhhhhhhhh.
And smile benignly.
All is well at work these days. Everyone is at peace, and happy to be working for such a great bunch of people.
=====================
From now on, I'll save my most ascerbic criticisms for my private journal.
Last month marked my second anniversary here in Blogsville. I've written a lot of words, Ms Journal. Through hundreds of posts I've shared a great many thoughts and fears. While I've tried to avoid engaging in self-pity or self-aggrandizement, I've often been quite open with my feelings of anger and outrage. Never once in the past twenty-five months have I given much thought to who might read this or what sort of consequence might result.
But this is the internet after all, and I must acknowledge the fact that a simple Google search for something quite innocuous could easily lead the searcher here where he or she might know my dark thoughts and take some sort of action against me.
Am I paranoid, Ms J? Maybe. But if you knew the vindictive nature of some of the management types at North America's largest railway, ... Well, you'd feel the same as I do.
I don't know who these nameless commenters are, but quite honestly, I feel uneasy about sharing with them my heart of darkness regarding my employer.
GO train passengers! Good lord!
I don't know how exactly they find their way here, Ms J, or how long they've been reading. A part of me is flattered, of course. Isn't it nice that someone visits this site regularly, hoping to gasp wide-eyed at my scintillating prose?
But GO train passengers? I mean really, Ms J. That's just too close to home for someone I don't even know.
***


4 Comments:
I have some sunglasses,fake moustache and a trenchcoat if you need them :o)
Not really so unusual, surely. After all, I'm a former GO train passenger myself...
I've been meaning to mention to you for a while that you might want to be careful what you say about your employers on your blog. There was a young woman in France recently who was fired because of things she said on her blog about her work. And she hadn't even posted photos of herself, or disclosed her name or who her company was. I don't remember how they found out.
That's very scary. Too bad how we have to be so careful nowadays! I may take my photo off the blog for just that reason. Readers who know me might think it's me, but with a photo they would be able to confirm it!
It's a sad day when you can't pour it all out on your blog. I understand your reasons though, but it's still a shame.
Post a Comment
<< Home