Very Satisfying
I spent the day alone, Ms J. I had to wait around for Sears to deliver my table and lawnmower, and they did eventually show up. I had feared they wouldn't bring the lawnmower, but they did. I am very pleased.

Ain't she a beauty?
I assembled the table and chairs and did some much-needed housework, and just pottered about at my own pace, listening to music and drinking wine. I worked in the garden and swept up the sawdust and bits of wood that were left lying around. It was a peaceful day, sunny and gorgeous.

It's oak. Well, it looks like oak, anyway. It goes nicely with the hardwood floor. See the deck in the background?
As I sat on the deck this evening, I pondered my great good fortune in having friends who were so willing to help with that project. And at no cost beyond a few bottles of beer and countless jugs of lemonade. Bob, Wally, and Bruno. Jeff too, and Joe. Adam, of course. And Tammy. Even Nick helped out by lending me some power tools. I couldn't possibly have done it by myself. It might have cost $2000 more had I paid professionals to build it.

It's like having another room to live in, Ms J. I absolutely love it!
I wonder what I can do to thank them all? Maybe I'll buy some steaks and invite them over for a barbecue. Still, it doesn't seem like enough.
***

3 Comments:
I think a BBQ bash would be an ideal way of thanking them ( lord help the neighbors LOL). Everything looks wonderful :o)
Yes, your new deck looks great, as does the new furniture and lawnmower. A BBQ for your helpful friends would be a good pay-back!
It all looks great, Dale. A barbecue would be a lovely way to say thanks to everyone.
Post a Comment
<< Home