A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Monday, August 28, 2006

Still Glowing From Yesterday

Have you ever had a thought or a recollection that was so pleasing, you almost became addicted to it?

I keep replaying the congratulations I got yesterday morning after I gave my sermon in church. Each time I recall it, a feeling of pride and satisfaction washes over me.

I was good, Ms J. Real good.

Rev. Linda said it was better than last year's. And she was so excited, she pulled me into a warm and sincere embrace.

"That was really good, Dale," she said. "I really enjoyed it. I think we all did."

I grinned and thanked her. And my chest seemed to fill with Love and goodness.

Sometimes, it seems, Life is almost too sweet to bear.

***

4 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Good on ya.

28 August 2006 at 23:02  
Blogger PBS said...

It's an accomplishment of which to be proud!

29 August 2006 at 07:27  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you had any more thoughts about training to be a minister?

29 August 2006 at 15:21  
Blogger gemmak said...

Hey...enjoy the moment Dale :o)

30 August 2006 at 16:56  

Post a Comment

<< Home