Rather an Ordinary Day, Really. Sort of.
Well, I can't conjure up something brilliant every day, Ms J. And today was something less than scintillating.
I returned some lumber to Home Depot and bought some more. Two by twelves, they were. Twelve feet long. Two of them. Nearly seventy bucks for the pair! Adam came over tonight and cut four pieces from those boards. They look like giant hockey sticks and they'll be hand rails for the stairs on the deck. I'll install them this weekend, hopefully. The deck is mostly finished. It looks fab, and I'm thrilled.
I went to the church today to talk with Linda. Psalm 130, Ms J. I'm doing my sermon on Psalm 130. A prayer of lamentation. I'm not sure where I'll go with it, exactly, but I'll come up with something good.
Christine wants me to care for her fish next week. Larry is on a diet. He's lost 17 pounds. "Only 208 pounds to go." Nick is doing better, I think, although he invited me to share some beer tonight and I didn't call him back.
Sears has promised to deliver my table and chairs tomorrow. I hope they bring my ruddy lawnmower as well. I've told Nick he can have my old table. And I hope Sears arrives early with my stuff. I've been invited to spend the afternoon, picnicking by the lake with Kirk and Rey.
I'm doing the lay reading at church on Sunday. Next weekend, the Pringle's (dozens of us!) will go camping at my brother's sylvan retreat. I want to go and so does Meagan. Dan wants to go too, but I'm not sure about taking the baby. Seems to me, a camping excursion is not the place for a five-month-old child. And Maxine will add another twist to things.
The weekend after that, I'll be taking to the pulpit to deliver the sermon I haven't started yet.
Girl Alex wants to visit. Andra wants to see me. My GO girls want to plan a BBQ on my new deck and I still have no furniture out there. Meagan wants to spend a weekend here. Dan's not being very respectful of Maxine lately, and I still haven't talked to him about it.
The garden needs tending and I haven't done any laundry since ...
You know what, Ms J? I think I'll go to bed.
Night.
***


4 Comments:
Awwww....
One thing at a time, Sweetie. Just one tiny step, one little bite, at a time.
Take the baby camping ... it'll be fine and Dan and Maxine will benefit from some time spent with you. Just my opinion of course ... xx
I agree with Donna about Dan, Maxine, and the littlun. An opportunity to escape Norval and all its stigma is probably what they need. Loved ones and a living example of strong family ties will serve as proof as to what blood lines and commitment really mean. Adding a "twist" and adjusting to it is what life is all about, because true love accepts all of life's foibles- whether they are big or small. Have we not all presented our families with "twists" at some point in our lives? Remember that Jesus gravitated towards those that were not of the norm and embraced them. If we are true Christians and want to follow His teachings, we should make every effort to welcome everyone, especially our family, into the fold. The only thing that we often regret is the past. Have no regrets and do what Jesus would have done. Godspeed.
We started camping with our babes really early in their lives. At 2 weeks of age, Julie was already sleeping in a tent. It is surprisingly easy to camp with babies - they thrive on all that fresh air, and sleep more soundly than usual. It gets a little harder when they're toddlers and want to eat dirt and play in campfires.
Post a Comment
<< Home