A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Friday, August 18, 2006

Now Playing With a Full Deck

It's done, Ms J! My deck is all done. And in less than seven weeks!


It looks fabulous, Ms J. Those guys are really talented.

The lads were here about four hours today. They installed a table on top of the front railing. They even put a custom railing on the table. It looks a little like a captain's shelf.

"It'll keep your beer or your plate from sliding off by accident," Bob said. "Maybe you'll get a couple of bar stools one day and you can sit here and eat yer Corn Flakes in the morning."


Wally and Bob fasten the top rail in place. I'm really pleased.


Cool, eh? It's definitely one of a kind.

I'm going to invite them all over for a barbecued lunch next week.




Tomorrow morning, I'm driving to Norval to collect Dan and Maxine and David. Meagan too. We're all heading up to Pat's wilderness retreat two hours north of the city. It's time once again for the annual Pringle Family camping weekend.

No worries, Ms J. I'll take pictures and make notes. I'll tell you all about it on Monday.

Good Night.

***

7 Comments:

Blogger Heather Plett said...

It looks beautiful! I have deck envy!

18 August 2006 at 23:49  
Blogger Jennytc said...

It's very impressive, Dale. Now if you were in Britain, as soon as the deck was finished and you were looking forward to using it during the lovely weather, it would rain solidly until winter! That seems to be what's happening here. :(

19 August 2006 at 02:49  
Blogger Michelle said...

LOL @ Heather, me too!
It's a beauty, how talented you all are. You should also have fine weather for your bbq, save a sausage for me ;o)

19 August 2006 at 02:58  
Blogger PBS said...

Oh, very nice! I really like the table on the railing idea. Wish I had one on my little deck!

19 August 2006 at 09:37  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dale:

This is the first chance I've had to check your blog since we saw you. I love the finished deck - it's amazing. I'm sorry I didn't get to see it, even in its half-completed state. Maybe next time. And thanks for the compliments - you're really sweet.

19 August 2006 at 12:53  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice deck. I am quite impressed. It looks like your friends missed their calling in life. They should quit the Go-trains and start a deck building business. They certainly have talent!

19 August 2006 at 20:46  
Blogger Dora said...

Just think, everytime you enjoy the deck you will be able to think about the friends and experiences that brought it about.
The table on the railing is quite creative.

20 August 2006 at 17:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home