A Lovely Day
T'was a perfect kind of day today, Ms J. Warm, but not hot. Sunny. It was a perfect day for working outdoors, and I did. It was a perfect day for visiting old friends, and I did that too. I rode my bike a little. I walked a little. And just now I've come from the deck where I sat and read the script for the play I'll be rehearsing soon. It's getting too dark to read so here I am, reluctantly indoors.
There's absolutely nothing and no one to complain about.
Marie's in town, visiting family and friends. I first met Marie a few years ago when were in an acting class together. She's really nice, cute as hell, and of course, married. She lives in England now. I hadn't seen her or her little girl for a couple of years and they were spending some time at a friend's place in Mississauga, only fifteen minutes from Mimico. I drove over there this afternoon.
Eva made hors d'oeuvres and icy cold smoothies and we chatted for an hour or so.
It's strange, isn't it, how Life carries us to and fro? Since Marie and I first met, she and her husband have adopted a child from China. Amelia. She's three years old and a delightful little pixie. Marie has left Canada and moved to Devon with her English husband. She's even begun to speak a little like a Brit.
And Eva was unhappily married when I first met her in a play we did about five years ago. Since then, she's divorced and remarried and is now expecting her second child. Her first is a girl. Brynna is thirteen and like her mother, strikingly gorgeous.
Thank you, Eva, for a lovely time. Marie, you are still as pretty as I remember you. And Amelia has grown so much! She was a babe when I last saw her. Come to think of it, so were you! Have fun here in Canada and a safe journey back across the pond.
Yuppers, Ms Journal. I had a good day. A peaceful, productive, doing-what-I-want-to-do kind of a day.
As James Brown once said: I feel good!
Night, Ms J.
***

3 Comments:
So many women, so little time! ;o)
Ha ha (to Michelle's comment). It IS so nice to see old friends, isn't it?
Your good day is helping me reflect a little more positively on my crappy day. It wasn't ALL bad. :-)
Cheers.
Post a Comment
<< Home