A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Monday, July 10, 2006

Comme des Clous

Il tombe comme des clous. That's what the Frenchmen say, Ms J, in weather like this. Il tombe comme des clous. "It's falling like nails."

It was a rainy day in Mimico today. I woke this morning to the sound of thunder and pelting rain and it persisted, off and on, the entire day.

"Hey, Dale," said Angry Bob in the lounge after work this morning. "Doesn't look too promising for deck building today, does it? F***in' rain's s'posta hang around all day."

I agreed with him and then fell still while he took his turn at the billiard table. The cue ball careened off the 8 ball and plopped neatly into a corner pocket.

"F***in' piece o' shit. I hate this f***in' game."

I thought he might launch into one of his trademark tirades, but he didn't, Ms J. When he looked up, he was grinning.

"OK if I come round tomorrow morning?"

I told him that would be just fine and thanked him as I headed for the parking lot.

"Don't thank me," he said. "Wait'll it's done. You can thank me then."

I am truly and totally stuck without help, Ms Journal. Although I have plenty of clous, I honestly haven't a clue what to do next on my own. I will thank Bob when my deck is done. I'll thank everybody who helped.

I'll thank GOD, Ms J, when this deck is done!

***

3 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I imagine that you're a lot better at deck-building than I am, for I am, indeed, totally clous-less about anything handypersonish. Totally.

10 July 2006 at 20:45  
Blogger Michelle said...

LOL @ Angry Bob!

11 July 2006 at 04:11  
Blogger Heather Plett said...

Wish you could send some of the rain our way. We're getting desperately dry out here.

11 July 2006 at 09:29  

Post a Comment

<< Home