A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Thursday, May 11, 2006

(Not) Thinking Good Thoughts

Alright, Ms J. Let's think about something positive. I've had enough doom and gloom for a while. And anger. We're all entitled to our bitter feelings now and then, but it's good to be aware of them and to take care not to get mired in misery for too long.

So here are some random musings this morning:

It's crappy weather today in Mimico. Cool. Rainy. And it's ... Oh. Sorry. I forgot. Positive things, right? Yes.

Well, ... The flowers need the rain. So do hay crops and grains. Environment Canada is predicting "dry, sweltering conditions" this summer for much of the ...

Oops. Sorry about that.

I have a new air conditioner, don't I? That'll keep me cool at home. Electricity prices have taken a huge jump though, so I'd better use my A/C sparingly. I can't believe the bastards at Toronto Hydro ...

Right. I'm doing it again, aren't I?

Hmmmm. Something positive. Something good and upbeat. Something to feel happy about. Let me think a minute, Ms J.

The play we're still writing is ... er, opening ... in four weeks.

Sigh. This is hard some mornings, isn't it?

Well I have my health, haven't I? Two good arms and two good legs. No hair. And a big, fat belly.

OK. You know what? I'm going to leave this for a while. I'll have a warm bath, with bubbles and scented candles. A nice hot cup of tea. Then maybe a wee kip. I'll try again later.

***

5 Comments:

Blogger PBS said...

It's hard to be positive with gloomy rainy weather! We have it here, too, and people are crabby.

11 May 2006 at 12:13  
Blogger Donna said...

I thought of something positive Dale - we have you and your regular posts ... they make me smile, laugh and sometimes they make me cry ... Damn - I'm at it too. xx

11 May 2006 at 17:39  
Blogger Michelle said...

Enjoy your bath, and relax :o)

11 May 2006 at 22:50  
Blogger Zette said...

Happy thoughts?

How 'bout I come wash your back for you while you relax in that luxurious bubble bath?

*winks*

No? Ok, so how about something new and happy about that adorable grandson of yours?

12 May 2006 at 04:15  
Blogger Bazza said...

Just popped by for the first time, nice site, how's that for positive

12 May 2006 at 04:47  

Post a Comment

<< Home