A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Feeling my Feelings

I'm frustrated today, Ms J. Impatient. And my bad leg's hurting. I'm getting pretty tired of this rainy weather, too. As I drove home from work this morning, I thought what the hell? Why not just feel my feelings? Experience whatever's there and get over it. So pardon me if I sound a bit owly today. I'll try to blog it away.

I miss job 10. Neil is still there so I don't want to return, although I may have to at some point. You don't suppose the miserable twit would stay on my train just to spite me, do you? I think it's entirely possible. He's such a ... prick!

Our play is really getting on my nerves. I don't remember ever feeling this way about a play before but honestly, Ms J, I can't wait til it closes. We meet four times a week and waste masses of time discussing trivial rubbish. We've been meeting twice weekly since February. If I had known this would be such a trial, I would not have involved myself. On Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, I rush directly from work to the rehearsal space and there I stay until way past my bedtime. Sundays are rehearsal days as well now. I feel as though I haven't time for anything anymore. A couple of these weekend rehearsals are slated to last all day. We open in three weeks and we've only just now begun to rehearse. And the script has still not been finalised. We have no set, no sound or lighting people, no costumes. However, advertising and marketing seem to have been quite important. I'm an actor, Ms J. I just want to act. I'm not interested in selling ad space or marketing the play. I don't know how to build a set or design costumes. I know these things are important, but I want to get on stage and act.

My theatre friends up in Caledon have announced their production line-up for this coming season. The first play is "Tribute". It sounds terrific and I plan to audition in late July. It'll be so nice to start the process with a script in my hand. I hope I get the part.

The rain continues here in Mimico. It has rained nearly every day this week, and Environment Canada predicts rain for the holiday weekend (Victoria Day) and for much of next week. I'm anxious to begin work on my deck, Ms Journal, but it may be more prudent to build an ark instead. It's cold, too. 12C

I think I'll build a fire in the fireplace. That ought to chase away the chill and invite some cheer. Which I sorely need.

***

6 Comments:

Blogger Loner said...

you know, that always does it for me - a warm fire and a good sappy movie!

18 May 2006 at 14:38  
Blogger gemmak said...

Lol Dale, every time you get near to a production you get all panicky about it not being all done yet...it always seems to come together tho in the end. Chill :o)

18 May 2006 at 18:52  
Blogger Michelle said...

Blimey sausage, arsehole Neil isn't anywhere near you, you solved the problem of him and you're STILL letting him affect you!! Forget him till he's back harassing you again.

I agree with gem, you're a worry wart, take a chill pill and relax!
It'll be right on the night!

18 May 2006 at 21:45  
Blogger Donna said...

Hello grumpy ;)

19 May 2006 at 05:17  
Blogger PBS said...

That sounds really annoying and sort of a waste of your time. No wonder you're crabby about it! Hope it gets better.

19 May 2006 at 09:03  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dale, I've been feeling really envious of your involvement in the play. How wonderful, I've been thinking, to be part of something so creative. Guess that's easy for me as I'm way over here and don't have to be caught up in all the nitty gritty. Wish there was something I could do to help.

19 May 2006 at 09:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home