A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Friday, April 21, 2006

A Queer Stick

Strange expression, that. I've heard Newfoundlanders use it to describe a person who's odd or different in some way.

"Dat one's a queer stick, me son."

Jenny has challenged me to divulge some "weird/noteworthy things" about myself so without further ado, awill.

1. I take pride in a clean house, but my car is filthy.

2. I am compulsive about checking email as soon as I get up in the morning.

3. I spent six years addicted to crystal meth. I've been clean since May 29, 2000.

4. That reminds me, I used to be a very fast driver and came close to losing my licence. Twice.

5. I resent any kind of authority.

6. I'm probably 30 lbs. overweight and starting to stress about it. Where's that bag of cookies?

7. Sometimes, I think about going back to school, getting a divinity degree and becoming an ordained minister, but I'm too scared to change careers now. Besides, it'd be a huge cut in pay.

8. Insects don't bother me but I'm scared of mice.

9. And cats! Well, they stare at you don't they? And they're so unpredictable.

10. I earned a private pilot's licence in 1984 and haven't flown since.

11. I can't stand lists that have only eleven items.

12. From my vantage point in the locomotive, I inspect the cleavage of nearly every woman at every train station every morning. I usually fall in love between eight and twelve times at each platform.

***

5 Comments:

Blogger Jennytc said...

Thanks Dale. Number 12 - hmmmm, very interesting! ;)

21 April 2006 at 08:40  
Blogger PBS said...

That was cool, I like reading personal things about fellow bloggers, makes them seem more real. Love your number 12, ha ha!

21 April 2006 at 09:09  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that last one Dale. You're hilarious. Though there can't be much cleavage to be seen under all those layers in the winter. You must look forward to spring...

21 April 2006 at 11:08  
Blogger Matthew May said...

LOL Dale, great list ;)

21 April 2006 at 11:26  
Blogger Zette said...

How long until you're able to retire and receive a decent pension?

I work with a lady (very pretty and young looking, but who is about to turn 48!!!) who will take her G.E.D. test tomorrow in the first big step towards studying theology and changing careers! It's never too late, and with some smart planning, you can do it, Dale!

What is it about eleven items on a list that bothers you?

LOVE #12!

22 April 2006 at 03:09  

Post a Comment

<< Home