A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Much better, thank you

I feel better, Ms J. Calmer. Quieter. On the train this morning, I sat alone for fifteen minutes or so in prayer and meditation. In that place of stillness, I am able to be fully present, to "come", as they say, "into The Now."

Quelle difference, as they say in La Belle Province!

A new day approached and I met it confidently. The bright sun rose and the stars fled the sky before it. The wind whispered its secrets to the trees and the clouds raced our train back to Toronto. I noticed smiles on the station platforms. And I smiled too.

I'm meeting some friends for lunch today. Jennefer and her mum. I had lunch with Christine yesterday. Girl Alex is coming to visit me on Thursday to say good-bye before she goes off to Guyana for eight weeks. (Yes, she raised all the money she needed.)

Friends. Blog family. People who care. Thank you all so much.

Life is good. It's always good, isn't it, Ms Journal? The difference is in the way you see it.

After all, it's your attitude, not your aptitude that determines your altitude.

***

4 Comments:

Blogger Heather Plett said...

Glad you're feeling better Dale. I didn't have time to comment yesterday, but suffice it to say I was concerned when I read your last post. I hope the light continues to shine through the dark.

31 January 2006 at 11:39  
Blogger gemmak said...

Glad to hear you're feeling a litle better Dale...and yes, I think it is probably about how we view it, tho it ain't always that easy is it! xxx

31 January 2006 at 17:08  
Blogger Michelle said...

Glad your more at peace with yourself. Yaay for girl Alex, wish her a safe trip :)

31 January 2006 at 21:38  
Blogger Kris said...

Keep on smiling! Good to hear you are feeling better. I love your quote about attitude...I may just steal that one if you don't mind!

K.

1 February 2006 at 20:35  

Post a Comment

<< Home