"Ch - ch - ch - changes"
Good song. But I still can't stand that freak, David Bowie.
Changes, Ms J. There've been changes overnight here in The True North Strong and Free. We have a new Prime Minister, God help us. His name is Stephen Harper. He's a Conservative. And a conservative. He plans to align himself more closely with our bellicose neighbours. This may be a bad thing, as I am not in favour of war. He has promised also to abolish the legislation that allows same-sex marriage. Harper's a "Christian", you see. Like Mr. Bush.
OK. Don't get me started. The last time I outlined my political views here, this blog was inundated with flag-waving patriots who argued with peaceniks and frankly, it was juvenile and disgusting.
Love is good. War is bad. End of story.
Let's move on, shall we?
I wrote a letter to Meagan's principal today. I'll go down to the post office in a minute and mail it. Wanna read it, Ms J? Here it is then. And I'm off to the post office.
Salut!
January 24, 2006
Dear Carol:
Thank you for taking the time to meet with me yesterday. I left the school feeling optimistic and positive about your commitment to Meagan’s education, but not particularly confident about my role in this. I did, however, phone Meagan last night.
I told her I had met with you and Mrs. M*** and outlined our expectations in terms of her attendance. I asked about her “anxiety” and received vague answers and belligerence. I also told her I’d be receiving copies of report cards and other correspondence between her mother and the school. I’ve just now phoned the school to inquire about Meagan’s attendance. Bonnie checked the record and confirmed Meagan is in school today.
I have decided against talking with my ex-wife, as this kind of dialogue inevitably turns confrontational and is wholly counterproductive. If ever you feel it’s necessary to contact Kelly, you have my full support. My hope is that Meagan’s attendance will improve now that she’s aware I’m monitoring it, and I shall continue to do so. Enclosed, you’ll find three self-addressed envelopes as per our discussion.
Again, thank you, Carol, for listening to my concerns. Please know that I want to be included in the sharing of pertinent information as regards the progress of Meagan at ****** Public School. Although she places little importance on her education at the moment, I understand it’s vital to her success and future happiness.
Sincerely,
Dale Pringle
***


3 Comments:
I'm from the west so I guess you know how I feel about having no bloody say in anything...*wink*
K.
Hi Dale: I know what you mean. I'd like to post something on my blog about the election, but am still thinking about how to word it. Politics is such a touchy subject. My fear is that all the things I love about Canada - tolerance, respect for others, relative safety, willingness to live and let live, concern for the envrionment - are going to go out the window. Sigh. I'm feeling quite depressed.
Marie
Well written letter my friend! Crossing eyes fingers and toes Meagan realises the importance of it all :)
Post a Comment
<< Home