Tuesday. Just Tuesday.
Nothing to tell you today, Ms J.
It was a loverly day. I finally remembered to take my camera to work so I could record the sunrise, but it was less than spectacular this morning. I took a quick pic, but later deleted it.
I did, however, capture this view of our fair Toronto in the afternoon sunshine.

Approaching downtown from the west.
Cool, eh? I see this scene every afternoon as I pilot our empty train back to Union Station from Oakville. We load more passengers at Union, and make all the stops then to Pickering.
Since I haven't much to tell you today, I thought maybe I'd share a few pics from our weekend at Teen Ranch.

This sign greets visitors as they first enter the property.

The Coach House. We slept here. Seminars were held in a beautiful big room upstairs.

The Dining Room sat about seventy people at a dozen large tables. The food was excellent and plentiful.

Teen Ranch also operates in Australia and Indonesia.

In Europe, too. They sometimes exchange counselors.

There's more to do than riding. There's this swing ... "Try it, Dad. It's amazing!"
So I did. I tried it, Ms J. Meagan held the camera. And my glasses. And dignity.

They strapped me into a harness.

Raised me about fifty feet into the air, suspended between two poles.

And dropped me.
Holy Crap, it was frightening! For a moment, I forgot I was at a Christian camp and yelled something quite inappropriate. Everyone laughed though.

I nearly s***t myself!!!
Meagan collapsed with laughter! I love to hear her laugh. Dinner was served right after this. I wasn't very hungry.
Well that's about it for today, then. Time for bed. Night, Ms J.
***

7 Comments:
Holy Crap! I don't know how they convinced you into doing it? No way would i even consider going up there....i wouldn't even be able to watch LOL.
Meagan must of thought you were the best Dad in the world for attempting it!
That certainly is a big swing. That was a great shot of the skyline through the window.
That camp looks AMAZING! And I have to say - you look rather like a rag doll in that shot where they're dropping you :-) Good for you for trying it.
I'll be seeing the Toronto skyline shortly too. I fly to Halifax this weekend and then come back next week with a short stop in Toronto for a meeting. I'll think of you, riding the rails, while I'm there :-)
Weeeeeeee!!! That looked like a lot of fun and probably pretty freeing once you got a grip on solid ground once more. I'd have been so terrified, being afraid of heights and all, but I'd still like to do that some day.
BTW...At the rate I'm finishing my cleaning and how quickly it's all needing re-cleaned, it may be awhile before I can run my vacuum for you. But with Halloween coming, I may be able to swing by on my broom! *wink*
AGAIN! thats what i'd be yelling... lemmee do it AGAIN! looks like a blast dale.. brave you for doing it, and i'd like to know just exactly what ya did yell, hahahahaa
Love your use of "Holy Crap!"
That swing looks pretty amazing, I would have loved to try it. Will have to look up Teen ranch in Scotland!
Here in our parts we call that swing a "bungee jump" and we yell the same things here and we almost $h!+ ourselves too.
I've never done one and won't unless the life of my children depends on it.
Glad to see you all had a great time. You are a sport, Dale.
Post a Comment
<< Home