Pampered
No Ms, J. I did not wear a diaper. Jenn pampered me. She has a spa in her basement and she's a qualified aesthetician. I drove up to see her this afternoon and she gave me a facial, and a manicure. And the best back rub I've EVER had.

Cucumbers. Ya gotta have cucumbers.
My face feels clean and smooth. My fingernails are clean and shiny. And the back rub she gave was so relaxing, I fell asleep. Mmmmm ... Zzzzzzzz ... Jenn is a Reikiist as well, and she Reikied my sore back. It was amazing! She somehow knew how I'd injured my back.
"You were bending down to pick up a book, weren't you Dale?"
I don't understand how she knew, Ms J, but she knew. And my back felt better afterward. It's still sore, but I believe Jenn's Reiki treatment helped.
Jenn's kids, Jake and Julia helped me shuck the corn before dinner. Jake grabbed a handful of corn silk and decided it would make a jolly good hair replacement. He fitted me with a corn silk toupee and Julia snapped a pic.

Silky soft hair.
Jennefer prepared a lovely dinner of potatoes and corn on the cob done on the barbecue along with hamburgers. And a huge salad. She and Jane even got me a birthday cake - Black Forest, my favourite. They all sang Happy Birthday. A day late, but it's the thought that counts. Thanks Jenn and Jane. It's always fun at your house.

I wished I might extinguish the candle with one breath.
Tomorrow, after physio, I'm going to drive to Prince Edward County. It's a picturesque area near Kingston Ontario, about two and a half hours east of Mimico. I'll meet my friend, Christine there in the small town of Picton. Christine's family own a summer home near there. I feel honoured to have been invited. I'll take lots of pictures and show you "The County" when I return on Thursday.
Ta for now!
***


6 Comments:
I've been saying for 5 months that I'm going to see a Reiki Master and I don't know why I keep putting it off. Well I do know why and its a legitimate but insane reason all together.
I wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday and say how glad I am that I stumbled upon your blog a few months back and how I've come to like calling you my friend.
Enjoy your trip :)
My goodness you were spoiled! That picture is brilliant! I bet you went home relaxed,with all your anxieities melted away. I wish i could say the same about the calories eeh..LOL! :)
Oh that picture made me laugh. The cucumbers and the moustache decorating the mask was just too funny.
Glad you had a good birthday
Glad to see you looking better.
Ooo... I'm jealous! I wanna get spoiled like that! D'ya think Jenn would be MY friend too???
Ah, I could really use a back rub about now...
You're so lucky to be going to the County, Dale. I've been a few times and love it down there. Can't wait to see the photos.
Marie
Post a Comment
<< Home