A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Thursday.

Beautiful day, Ms Journal. The weather was perfect - sunny and 23C. Larry invited me for lunch so I drove to his place around 1:00. He and his wife served me a HUGE t-bone steak, barbecued to perfection, and salad and baked potato. It was all quite delicious. The conversation was interesting and the time passed quickly. Today marked Larry's first day back at work since he hurt himself on the job three and a half years ago.

At 4:30, I said, "I promised my sister I'd visit her this afternoon, Larry. I'd better get going." And after hugs and good-byes, off I went to my sister's. June lives only five minutes from Larry and Val. I have four sisters, Ms J - two older and two younger; June is younger. She has a special place in my heart.

I played with her kids while she prepared dinner. Shauna is six and Ryan is five. Shauna's name is Erika. Her middle name is Shauna. I really like the name Shauna. I don't fancy "Erika" so much. So I call my niece "Shauna". I'm the only one who does so. Shauna was confused by it at first, but she's quite used to it now.

Supper (chicken, barbecued, delicious!) was eaten and the kids were playing happily on the swing set when June and I sat at the table on the wooden deck in the back yard to enjoy the evening together. I hadn't seen much of my sister lately. I didn't realise how much I missed her until I made the effort to visit. I took a couple of photos of Shauna and Ryan. I'll post them if I get June's permission.

I really enjoyed my time with her but I had to rush off at 8:30. There was a rehearsal planned at church tonight. Cyril wanted to do our song again before we perform it at church on Sunday morning. I hated to leave June's, but I had promised Cy I'd meet him at the church. It's a cool song, Ms J. I've written about it before.

Remember?

We were both sober this time, but we still sounded pretty good. I'm looking forward to doing the song on Sunday, but I must confess. I'm as nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs!

You can wish me luck, Ms Journal. But please, PLEASE don't say "Break a leg."

G' night.

***

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennytc said...

Good luck, Dale. You'll be great. A little bit of nervousness enhances the performance. :)

24 June 2005 at 02:15  
Blogger Heather Plett said...

Good luck! Wish I were there to hear it!

24 June 2005 at 15:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home