Something New to Look Forward To
I nearly had a date tonight. Nearly. I was hoping to go to St. Catherines to spend the day with a woman named Cindy. Cindy is forty-something, blond, cute as hell. But things didn't work out and so I'm home tonight in Mimico. My thoughts are with Cindy, though. Happy Birthday, Cindy. I hope your day was brilliant. I was looking forward to this day, but now I have something else to feel excited about.
Meagan (my daughter) and I have been exchanging email this week. I haven't seen her since May 16th when she spent a weekend here with me. We're planning a trip to Mt Forest to see my parents on Sunday.
Subject: Hello from Dad
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 19:16:40 -0400
Hi Scout.
I got your email and I've added your new address to my address book. I don't know what the heck "xanarchyx" means, but I like it better than your old address.
I hope you're staying cool in this yucky heat.
Dad
PS. Are we still on for a Fathers Day trip to Mt. Forest next Sunday? I'd like to pick you up around noon. Tell Dan he's welcome to come with us if he wants.
But Dan's not going to come with us. Meagan says he's still angry with me. Hah! He came here last February to help me when I was disabled. He was selfish and not much help at all. He lied to me about his drug use, he disrespected me and my home, and he stole money from me. I bought him a guitar and a set of weights. And he's angry with me. What a self-absorbed little prick he can be sometimes, Ms J!
"Anyway," Meagan said on the phone recently, "Dan doesn't really like your family that much. He says he feels uncomfortable at Grandad's because they treat him like he's retarded or something."
Maybe if he'd start behaving like a normal human being, Ms J, ... But I kept that thought to myself. I was hurt though, and when I spoke, I spoke from my hurt and anger.
"That's OK, Scout," I said. "I'll have a better time without him."
Kelly told me later that Meagan told her brother what I'd said. Thanks, Meagan. That was helpful. I will never understand why she thought it necessary to tell Dan what I'd said. Never. Lesson learned, though. Keep my mouth shut around the kids.
The next day, Meagan replied to my email:
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2005 9:52 PM
Subject: RE: Hello from Dad
Hey Dad.
I got YOUR e-mail and yes, we are still on for next Sunday. Dan won't come. "xanarchyx" means "anarchy" with x's infront and behind it. Anarchy (pronounced "an-are-key") means no rules, no boundries, no police and their stupid extra-large egos, and none of that stuff. Total freedom of everything. But don't abuse the privalage, it can be dangerous. O.K., e-mail me back when you get this.
~Meg~
Subject: Re: Hello from Dad
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 08:20:27 -0400
OK. I get it. Anarchy with a kiss before and a kiss after. Lovely! I like it!
I know you like to sleep late on Sundays, Scout. Can I pick you up at 12:30?
Dad
Subject: Re: Hello from Dad
Date: Wednesday, June 15 2005 7:52 PM
Sure! 12:30 sounds great! See you then.
~Meg~
So I'm looking forward to that. I'll collect my best girl on Sunday afternoon and drive a hundred miles to see my parents. We'll have a nice day together. And I'll keep my mouth shut about my feelings toward Dan. And Kelly. And Scott.
Good night, Ms J.
***

4 Comments:
LOL, i'm late with my comment!
Have a great fathers day, hope weather isn't too hot for you all, drive safely :o)
Happy Father's Day, Dale! I hope you and Meagan are able to do some good catching up along the ride.
Good luck on keeping your foot out of your mouth for the time being.
Hugs and Kisses,
Zette
i loved this comment
Happy Father's Day! I hope, at then end of the day, you go to bed with a smile on your face.
Post a Comment
<< Home