A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

A Lovely Afternoon

Hi Ms J.

I had a brilliant afternoon yesterday. It was my friend Jennefer's birthday. She's thirty-five. And loving it! To be completely honest, she gets better looking as she ages. More self-assured. And thinner! Just more beautiful, all round.


Our Jennefer. Ain't she gorgeous?

I drove (DROVE!!) over to Jenn's mum's place after my physiotherapy. She (Jenn's mum) has had some health problems lately, but she's persevered and come through it with a plum.

Hmmmm ... A plum? That doesn't look right.

Jenn's mum - her name is Donna - has come through her ordeal with aplomb. Yes, that's better.

Donna's a great lady. Hospitable. Indominable. Intrepid. She has a lovely apartment on the ground floor of a brand new senior's building only about ten or fifteen minutes from me. I arrived first and we sat outdoors and chatted while we awaited the arrival of Jenn and Jane. We all enjoyed salad and hamburgers for lunch and afterward, we adjourned to the patio again and shared more conversation.


Jane on the left. Jenn on the right. Doesn't Donna look proud?

Around three o'clock, we said goodbye and departed. I came home, while Jenn and Jane went off in search of a digital camera. It was after all, Jenn's birthday.


***

Happy Birthday, dear Jennefer. You have enriched my Life in ways you cannot imagine. Now, if you could just get your mother-in-law to fall in love with me ...
(More about that, later.)

***

3 Comments:

Blogger gemmak said...

Great pics Dale, sounds a lovely day but one question....I HAVE to know what it says on Jane's t'shirt, does it say 'Jewsons'????? I'll tell ya why I HAVE to know when I know! lol

14 June 2005 at 18:09  
Blogger Dale said...

It says "DeWalt". It's a company that manufactures power tools. (Saws, drills, etc.) Jane is a carpenter.

14 June 2005 at 18:26  
Blogger Michelle said...

Hey, great pics Dale! Glad you had a nice time :o)

14 June 2005 at 23:37  

Post a Comment

<< Home