A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

A Day of Doctor Appointments

Busy day today, Ms J.

At 11:00 this morning, we have an appointment with Marsha, our pleasant social worker at LAMP. (Lakeshore Area Multi-service Project) Marsha has seen us twice already. She listens to Dan's issues and helps me understand Dan's condition and helps with tips on parenting. She's from New York City and speaks with a noticeable accent. She charges $69. per one hour session. Our government health insurance does not cover this cost.

This afternoon, we're meeting with Dr. Cirone at St. Joseph's hospital. Sharon Cirone is young and rather attractive. She specializes in adolescent mental health and drug addiction. She wants to meet with both Dan and me today. This will be our third visit. In the past, she's spoken with Dan alone.

"I think Sharon was checking me out, Dad," he said after their last visit.

"What do you mean 'checking you out', son?" I asked.

"You know, checking out my parts. My package. My twig and berries. She was looking at me, Dad."

I told him that's what doctors do. They observe people. They look at them. That's their job. Is this Dan, Ms J? Or is this typical teenage behaviour? I can't remember.

"And she has quite large breasts, too you know. I couldn't help noticing them."

Hell, I noticed them too, Ms J. They're lovely!

"Looking at a woman's breasts is just like looking at the sun, eh Dad?"

I must surely have looked completely lost, for he followed that statement with an explanation.

"Yeah. You take a quick peek," he told me, "and then immediately look away."

The Boy's right, for goodness sake! That's exactly how it is. Could be he's a lot more savvy than I once thought.

5 Comments:

Blogger Larry said...

Dale!!!!

OMG!!!! I LOVED the line "My package. My twig and berries...." Thats was sooo funny!!!

So...you sneaked a peek at her rack!! did yeah?????

Rock on!!!!!

1 February 2005 at 13:46  
Blogger Sarah said...

LOL That's right fellas.... the boobs are red hot FIAH!!!

Silly boys. All of ya! :p

1 February 2005 at 18:28  
Blogger Michelle said...

LMAO...funny stuff!!!

1 February 2005 at 18:49  
Blogger Terri said...

I don't know if you get Seinfeld there but there's an entire episode on that exact thing. Young girl with spectacular breasts leans over, Jerry gives George a "poke" so he can take a "peek," but George gets caught by the young girls father as he can't stop looking. Yep, they said the same thing,...like looking at the sun...ouch!

1 February 2005 at 22:00  
Blogger Zette said...

"twig and berries?" That's hilarious! And a heck of a lot nicer and less arrogant than I've heard many guys refer to their "parts". Sounds like the dr. appts weren't too bad overall, for EITHER of you!

1 February 2005 at 23:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home